What to eat before a workout?
Your pre-workout meal should contain a balance of protein, carbs, and fat. Because:
- Protein: Stimulates muscle protein synthesis, which aids muscle growth and recovery.
- Carbs: Provides your body with glucose, which is your muscle’s main source of energy during shorter workouts and high intensity exercise.
- Fat: Provides fuel for your body while doing low to moderate exercise.
When to eat before a workout?
For best results, aim to eat 2–3 hours before your workout – This gives your body time to digest the nutrients and make them available for use during your workout.
Here are some examples of meals to eat 2–3 hours before a workout:
- Lean meat with veggies and brown rice
- A Whole grain sandwich with eggs, avocado, and a side of fruit
- Oatmeal with peanut butter, blueberries, and a protein shake
If you are eating 45–60 minutes before your workout, bear in mind that the meal should be smaller and simple to aid digestion and absorption.
Here are some examples of meals to eat 45-60 minutes before a workout:
- A banana or apple with nut butter
- A blueberry and banana protein smoothie
- A hard-boiled egg and toast
If you’re in a hurry, it is still fine to eat at least 30 minutes before a workout, instead of a meal, consider the following as your snack options:
- Greek yogurt and fruit
- Nutrition bar with protein and wholesome ingredients
- A piece of fruit, such as a banana, orange, or apple
Avoid eating too much food before a workout, as it may cause stomach discomfort, bloating, feelings of lethargy, or nausea during your workout.
Don’t forget about water!
Your body needs water to function. Good hydration has been shown to sustain and even enhance performance, while dehydration has been linked to significant decreases in performance. It is recommended to consume both water and sodium before exercise – this will improve fluid balance.
Take your workouts to the next level with NuviaLab’s Energy & Fitness range!
Nutrigo Lab Strength - Scientifically formulated to improve performance, aid muscle recovery, and improve mental focus. Its composition effectively stimulates you to exercise without the effect of the "caffeine crash" and unpleasant skin tingling.
Bulk Extreme – If you're struggling to build muscles, Bulk Extreme is here to help – Its unique formula effectively supports muscle mass building and maintains correct testosterone levels. In addition, Bulk Extreme contains active ingredients that boost energy, prevent fatigue and support physical and mental performance. All this guarantees optimum support for your body during the hardest training sessions.
Fast Burn Extreme - If you are striving to reduce body fat or want to lose weight, this is the ideal product for you. Fast Burn Extreme effectively activates fat burning, reduces fat synthesis, and increases body thermogenesis, helping you to achieve your fitness goals faster.